Monday, March 17, 2008

To Santa Cruz de la Sierra in Bolivia

It took only five minutes to get the ticket to Santa Cruz de la Sierra, in Bolivia. A trip, a therapy, a project. Who knows. But, once the payment was accepted, it felt like I needed a plan. Too bad I don't have any.
So far the idea is to cross Bolivia all the way to Lima, starting in the Chiquitania region near the border with Brazil. But things may change.
I fly this March 18 from Santiago to Santa Cruz. And then we will see. This is the Easter weekend, and the region I want to visit is full of fantastic Jesuit missions. But where I see history and architecture and society, the others just see a... church.
Travel equipment: small backpack, 3 shirts, 2 t shirts, 2 trousers, 3 notebooks, 3 books, camera, pens, and some other tools. No laptop, so updates to this blog will be done from internet points, if available.
And yes, this blog is about the trip to Bolivia. But there may be other trips in the future. It is kind of hard for me to be at my house.
A Vagabundo is a wanderer, more or less. It can also be a vagrant, or a tramp.
(Luis Cordova, 17 March in Santiago)

No comments: